- Hard Labor Creek State Park -- July 1, 2017
- Mistletoe State Park -- April 1, 2017
Friday Jan. 12th -- Hard Labor Creek State Park
Saturday Jan. 13th and Sunday Jan 14th -- Mistletoe State Park
Navigator Cup Scoring
- Daily score is based on winner receiving 1,000 points
- Everyone else receives points based on formula (1,000 times winner's time divided by their time)
- Overall awards based on the sum of the best 2 of 3 National meet scores
Monday Jan. 15th -- Mistletoe State Park
- Mal Harding Extreme-O
- Limited to 75 participants
- Long (approx 10km) and short (approx 5km) courses offered
- Great fun for 2- or 3-person teams, but may be done solo.
- Patterned after a three-day military competition held in a member NATO country each year.
- Different map styles - orienteering, USGS quad, aerial photos may be used.
- Mud, water and rope bridges are traditional
- Puzzles and mazes have been included too
Mandatory Extreme-O meeting to be held after Sunday awards
Previous Extreme-O photos courtesy of our friends at Vulcan Orienteering from 2014, 2015,
More 2017 Extreme-O photos